In the News
Vancouver Sun -
Growing Apart Five-Part Series on Social Isolation
Part Five: Not necessarily the prime of their lives by Tara Carman. June 22, 2012, Vancouver Sun.
- Part Four: Residents feel Metro divided along ethnic lines, survey finds by Tara Carman. June 21, 2012, Vancouver Sun.
- Part Three: Relationships with neighbours polite but cordial, survey finds (with video) by Tara Carman. June 19, 2012 Vancouver Sun
- Part Two: Vancouver a difficult social atmosphere for many newcomers by Tara Carman. June 19, 2012 Vancouver Sun.
- Part One: Social isolation has far-reaching effects on us and our neighbours, survey by Tara Carman. June 18, 2012 Vancouver Sun.
- Bramham: Rethinking what makes community by Daphne Bramham. June 18, 2012 Vancouver Sun
- Fewer hills, less rain, more ‘connectedness’ by Daphne Bramham. June 17, 2012 Vancouver Sun.
- Opening a public square: SFU closes gap in ‘disconnected’ by Andrew Petter and Carole Taylor. June 17, 2012 Vancouver Sun.
- On the Coast 'Vancouver Foundation Survey on Community Connections' June 18, 2012. CBC Radio.
Are we connected and engaged? by Faye Wightman. June 2012. Vancouver Foundation Magazine.
On the Coast 'Choosing Segregation: Ethnic enclaves in metro Vancouver' May 12, 2012. CBC Radio
Disconnect and Discord a Growing Problem in BC by Faye Wightman. May 1-15, 2012, Philippine Asian Chronicle.
The resurgence of Vancouver's creative class by Peter Ladner. May 1, 2012 Crosscut.com
Growing Your Social Network by Marilee Peters, April 30, 2012 BC Council for Families website.
Alternatives Please by Mike Howell. April 27, 2012 Vancouver Courier.
A challenge to Mayor Greg Robertson's position on the crude, dude by Mike Howell. April 24, 2012 Vancouver Courier.
Alone in the city by Denise Ryan. April 21, 2012 Vancouver Sun.
Disconnect and Discord a Growing Problem in BC by Faye Wightman. April 20, 2012 South Asian Post
Radio Canada International 'Probing the issue of isolation in Vancouver' April 17, 2012. CBC Radio
Vancouver Foundation will survey people's sense of belonging in the community April 11, 2012 Sing Tao Daily.
Vancouver Foundation urges Chinese community to participate in survey April 11, 2012 Ming Pao Daily
Vancouver Foundation conducts multi-lingual community survey April 11, 2012 World Journal.
Feeling isolated in our own neighbourhood by Tung Chan. March 14, 2012. Vancouver Sun Community Blog (Chinese version )
Lonely town by Kate Zimmerman. February 3, 2012. Calgary Herald.
Migration and immigration changing Vancouver into "city of strangers" by Jenny Uechi. January 26, 2012. Vancouver Observer.
Alone, so alone, in Vancouver by Gary Mason. November 24, 2011. The Globe and Mail.
Connecting the pieces by Faye Wightman. November 2011. Vancouver Foundation magazine.
A hunger for connection by Faye Wightman. June 30, 2011. The Vancouver Sun.
IN THE COMMUNITY
More than muffins
Nothing breaks down barriers quite like cooking and eating together.
[ View Story ]
Share your stories or join our mailing list at firstname.lastname@example.org