Building Connections and Engagement in our community
Vancouver Foundation supports people across the province, to help them connect and engage with their communities.
- Our grants connect and engage people in their neighbourhoods, to encourage local solutions and to build community right where people live.
- Our grants connect and engage people who are disadvantaged or marginalized, to help them more fully participate in their community.
- And our grants connect and engage people who are different from one another, to help build bridges across ethnicity, culture, age and so on.
We also support many projects that help break down barriers and encourage people to work together to make our community a better place for everyone:
- Neighbourhood Small Grants
- Downtown Eastside Small Grants
- Giving in Action
- Immigrant Employment Council of BC
There are so many great stories about people connecting and engaging for the greater good. We are happy to support these amazing projects that build bridges between people, turn strangers into neighbours, and strengthen community.
More than muffins
Nothing breaks down barriers quite like cooking and eating together. [ view story ]
Youngsters and their parents, from around the world, get to know one another in this unique model-making workshop. [ view story ]
The less than golden years
Isolated seniors are vulnerable to depression and suicide. This crisis intervention program aims to reach out a community hand. [ view story ]
A tale of two cities
The best way to make peace is by making friends, as these Jewish and Palestinian teenagers discovered. [ view story ]
Being connected and engaged in the life of community is a challenge for people with special needs. CanAssist makes it easier, one gadget at a time. [ view story ]
Fuelling the future
Urban aboriginal youth rebuilding lives while re-built '65 Chevy Impala. [ view story ]
This magazine connects seniors and young people through story-telling. [ view story ]
Nathan Coburn is great on paper. His origami workshop attracted 25 people who learned that paperwork can be fun. [ view story ]
A way home
Yosef Spivak has found a home and stability at the Broadway Youth Resource Centre.
[ view story ]
Growing Apart Vancouver Sun Five-Part Series on Social Isolation
[ more info ]
Share your stories or join our mailing list at firstname.lastname@example.org