You are here
Children’s Hearing & Speech Centre of BC
Children’s Hearing & Speech Centre of BC’s objective is to teach children who are deaf and hard of hearing to listen and talk, giving them the skills and confidence they need to achieve their fullest potential.
Today, hearing loss can be mitigated through early intervention and specialized education that leverages the technology of digital hearing aids and cochlear implants. Given the right support at the right time, a child that is profoundly deaf can learn to listen, speak and have the same social and economic opportunities as their hearing peers.
Given the right support at the right time, a child that is profoundly deaf can learn to listen and speak and have the same opportunities as their hearing peers.
Children’s Hearing & Speech Centre of BC was established in 1963 as an independent family-focused clinical and educational centre. It is an active member of OPTION schools, an international organization that is dedicated to advancing excellence in listening and spoken language education. As the only facility of its kind in Western Canada and one of three in Canada the Centre aims to:
- Teach children who are deaf and hard of hearing to listen and to speak for themselves —not sign.
- Facilitate a strong academic start, enabling students to gain the skills, confidence and academic readiness they need to succeed in a hearing school and in the hearing world.
For more information about Children’s Hearing & Speech Centre of BC, please visit their website.
For questions about this fund or Vancouver Foundation, please contact Kerri Kirincic at 604-638-8738.
- To properly recognize all donors for their contributions, Vancouver Foundation will share your name and donation amount with the fund advisor unless you have checked the anonymous box on the donation form.
- Donations to this fund will support the charity’s general charitable purposes. Statements about the fund’s purpose or how donations will be applied are reflective of the charity’s current intent and are subject to change.
- For the Children's Hearing and Speech Centre of BC Fund , donations will be invested, but may be accessed by the charity should the need arise.
- All donations to Hilda Gregory Bursary Fund will be permanently endowed.
Children’s Hearing & Speech Centre of BC endowment fund is permanently invested and provides a steady and dependable source of income each year to support our operating costs.
Children’s Hearing & Speech Centre of BC maintains a policy that all deaf and hard of hearing children, regardless of a family’s ability to pay fees, may be eligible to access our programs and services. Any family requiring financial assistance to attend Children’s Hearing & Speech Centre of BC may apply for a bursary for up to 100% of the basic tuition fee. Bursaries are renewable annually according to available funds.