You are here
Eligibility for Community Response Fund Granting
Grants from the Community Response Fund are intended to support qualified donees in BC (with priority given to charities in the Lower Mainland and the Fraser Valley) who are providing front-line services to vulnerable populations whose staff, volunteers, programs, and operations have been disproportionately impacted by COVID-19.
We are currently accepting requests for funding consideration between $10,000 to $50,000. We ask that only organizations that meet the specific requirements outlined below submit a request for consideration.
We know there are wide-spread and diverse funding needs across the charitable sector at this time but in order to respond to the immediate needs of community in the face of this pandemic, we are prioritizing funding to frontline charities.
Eligibility criteria for funding consideration:
- Be a qualified donee or you can partner with an intermediary to carry out the activities associated with the funding request.
- Based in BC. Our current priority is to support charities in the Lower Mainland and the Fraser Valley. We will accept requests from areas outside those two regions to help assess need and determine when to expand our criteria.
- Serve vulnerable populations in your community.
- Must demonstrate an intention to use funding to address at least one of the following priority areas:
- Immediate needs of low-income populations caused by COVID-19 related closures, including access to food, hygiene, housing and other basic needs.
- The economic impact of reduced and lost work within the charitable sector.
- The information needs among our vulnerable community members to promote resiliency and mitigate fear and confusion.
- Mobilizing our citizens to assist their vulnerable neighbours with the challenges they are facing from isolation.
If you meet the criteria, please submit a request for funding by clicking here.