In 2015, Vancouver Foundation announced it would become the first Canadian community foundation to join the Open Licensing movement. As part of this initiative, Vancouver Foundation has committed to apply a Creative Commons Attribution Licence (CC BY 4.0) to its own intellectual property, including publications and reports. This work is ongoing, and will continue throughout 2016 and beyond.
Currently, our entire library of Connections & Engagement Reports and Surveys is licensed CC-BY 4.0, as is our entire digital collection of Annual Reports.
The CC BY 4.0 license means that you are allowed to:
- Share — copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format
- Adapt — remix, transform, and build upon the material
- for any purpose, even commercially.
Under the following terms:
- Attribution — You must give appropriate credit, provide a link to the license, and indicate if changes were made. You may do so in any reasonable manner, but not in any way that suggests the licensor endorses you or your use.
- No additional restrictions — You may not apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.
Look for this statement at the end of any PDF Publication downloaded from our website to confirm the material is licensed:
© 2019 by the Vancouver Foundation. TITLE OF DOCUMENT is made available under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License. To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/