You are here
1. Complete the Self-Assessment
- Find out what we fund
- Learn about fields of interest
- Choose a type of grant
- Take the eligibility quiz
- Review our Open Licensing policy
2. Submit your Project Overview (Online Application Form)
- Review the application deadlines
- Select your Field of Interest and Type of Grant
- Read the relevant application guide (see 'Application guides' below)
- Answer the grant-specific questions
- Estimate your project budget
- Wait approximately 5 weeks (see 'Application processing times' below)
~ If you submit a Test grant or Grow grant and are invited to the next stage ~
3. Submit a Full Proposal (Online Application Form + Support Documents)
- Answer additional questions that build on the information provided in your Project Overview
- Submit various supporting documents as requested by Vancouver Foundation
- Wait approximately 4-6 weeks (see 'Application processing times' below)
4. Receive a Grant Decision
Applications are online only
Our online application system has been rebuilt. If you applied for a Field of Interest Grant in 2014 or earlier, your old login details will not be recognized. You must register for a new account. Please do not submit a hard copy of your application. Applications submitted by email.fax, or mail will not be opened, processed or returned.
To begin a new application, or access an existing one, use the Sign In Button in the top right hand corner of our website:
We have prepared guides to help you complete your Field of Interest Grant application. The guides include all the questions we ask during the application process to help you get a head start on your application.
- Field of Interest Grants Application Guide: Develop Grants - download (PDF)
- Field of Interest Grants Application Guide: Test Grants - download (PDF)
- Field of Interest Grants Application Guide: Grow Grants - download (PDF)
- Field of Interest Grants Application Guide: Research Grants - download (PDF)
Application processing times
You should expect to wait approximately 5 weeks after the Project Overview deadline to learn whether or not your Develop grant application has been approved, or whether or not your Test or Grow Grant application will be invited forward to submit a Full Proposal.
You should expect to wait approximately 4-6 weeks after the Full Proposal deadline to learn whether or not your project has been recommended for funding. If the amount of your grant application is greater than $75,000, then you can expect to wait an additional 4-6 weeks after the recommendation is made before our Board of Directors makes a final decision.