You are here
Ronald McDonald House BC and Yukon
When the unthinkable happens and a family must relocate to Vancouver for their child’s critical medical treatment, there are many barriers they must overcome to stay together. Hotel stays are expensive, siblings need to be cared for, and staying in the hospital long term is unsustainable. That’s where Ronald McDonald House BC and Yukon comes in – providing accommodation, comfort, compassion, and a sense of community to these families in need.
- Ronald McDonald House BC and Yukon depends on community support to serve 2,000 families each year.
- Families can stay with us anywhere from one night to over a year.
- Staying at Ronald McDonald House BC and Yukon saves a family over $6,000 per month when they must relocate to Vancouver for treatment.
- Programs like music therapy, art therapy, and family meals help promote wellness and relieve stress for kids and families.
By giving to Ronald McDonald House BC and Yukon, you can change the future for a BC family with a seriously ill child. You reduce financial and emotional burdens, making them stronger and helping them cope with major medical treatment far from home.
Please give today and help us keep families close when it matters most.
- To properly recognize all donors for their contributions, Vancouver Foundation will share your name and donation amount with the fund advisor unless you have checked the anonymous box on the donation form.
- Donations to this fund will support the charity’s general charitable purposes. Statements about the fund’s purpose or how donations will be applied are reflective of the charity’s current intent and are subject to change.
- Donations to the Ronald McDonald House British Columbia Fund will be invested, but may be accessed by the charity should the need arise. Donations to the Ronald McDonald House British Columbia Permanent Fund will be permanently endowed.
This fund helps provide support to families with seriously ill-children who call Ronald McDonald House BC home.
With a gift to this fund, the capital gift is held in perpetuity by Vancouver Foundation and income is dispersed as a donation to help provide support to families with seriously-ill children who call Ronald McDonald House BC home.