You are here
Vision & Values
To harness the gifts of energy, ideas, time, and money to make meaningful and lasting impacts in communities.
Healthy, vibrant and livable communities across British Columbia.
Our Vision, Defined
Healthy: a community where the people, the economy and the physical environment are thriving. It is a place where citizens have healthy and active lifestyles and support for their physical and mental well-being. It is a community with a strong and prosperous economy; clean air and water; adequate parks and green space; healthy and secure food; protection of our animals and wildlife; and more.
Vibrant: a community that has energy and vitality. It is a place that is alive with diversity and celebrates both the things we have in common and the things which make us different. It is a community that is creative and dynamic. A place that honours the past but also embraces new ideas and new ways of doing things. It is a community that is adaptive: able to take on new challenges and address changing circumstances.
Livable: a community where the experience of living there is positive on many different levels. It’s a community that has a strong sense of civic engagement; helps all people feel a sense of belonging; offers affordable housing; well-developed transportation options; social stability; equity of both educational and work opportunities; plenty of places and opportunities to live, work and play. It is also a community that is compassionate, where philanthropy is commonplace, and the gifts of that generosity provide opportunities to help everyone reach their full potential.
Our Core Beliefs
- Collaboration: Working together to leverage our collective knowledge, expertise and resources will ensure the best results.
- Community Self Direction: Communities have the right and responsibility to identify and address their priority needs.
- Focus: Targeting our efforts and resources will maximize our effectiveness.
- Innovation: Our core role is a funder; however, we will incubate programs/services when appropriate.
- Impact: Our work needs to make measurable and sustainable impacts in the communities we serve.
- Power of Giving: Philanthropy plays a powerful and integral role in strengthening communities.
- Systemic Approach: We address root causes of issues, focusing both on issues today and prevention of issues in the future.