You are here
2017 BC Community Foundations Regional Gathering
Hosted by Vancouver Foundation, with support from Central Okanagan Foundation and Community Foundations of Canada, the 2017 Regional Gathering represents an opportunity for BC community foundations to meet and share stories and knowledge and build capacity to ensure stronger communities for years to come.
Registration is now open. Please register by Monday, September 18th.
Participants are responsible for booking their own accommodation. The venue is the Coast Capri Hotel in Kelowna. A block of rooms has been reserved for $135 (comfort room) and $150 (superior room).
You can reference Vancouver Foundation or the group number, GFC21587 when booking.
For more information about the hotel: https://www.coasthotels.com/hotels/bc/kelowna/coast-capri-hotel/
Please note that we are still finalizing the program.
The following sessions have been confirmed, and a final program and attendee list will be distributed the week before the gathering.
Thursday (12pm start)
- Strategic Planning for Community Foundations | Kerry Rempel, Okanagan College
- Vancouver Foundation and You | An update on Vancouver Foundation’s services to community foundation fundholders – (breakout session)
- Growing Your Foundation | hosted by Community Foundations of Canada (breakout session)
- Evening Reception | Tree Brewing
Friday (8:30am – 3pm)
- Fund Agreements | Learn from the experience of other foundations about issues that can arise with agreements and steps foundations can take to avoid problems in the future
- Open Space Session |During this session, attendees will identify areas of interest and invite participants into a collaborative conversation
- Vital Signs | Hear from three community foundations who have recently, or are currently, working on Vital Signs projects (breakout session)
- Planned Giving | Tips and Tricks for securing planned giving gifts for your foundation (breakout session)