You are here
Community Response Fund: Update
The Community Response Fund was created to rapidly deploy essential relief to charities that provide frontline services to those that are disproportionately impacted by COVID-19 and its economic consequences.
We will keep this page up to date with the latest information about how contributions to the Fund are supporting communities across the province in response to this crisis.
If you can help, make a donation now by visiting: https://www.vancouverfoundation.ca/covid19
UPDATED: April 1, 2020
Total fund amount: $3.8 million
- Vancouver Foundation
- Vancity Credit Union
- United Way Lower Mainland
- Anonymous individual donors to Vancouver Foundation
- WISH Drop-In Centre Society - WISH Drop-In Centre Society provides support to women who work in the street-based sex trade—60 percent of whom are homeless, and half of whom are Indigenous. Our mission is to improve the health, safety and well-being of women who are involved in Vancouver’s street-based sex trade. Our vision is for every woman to have access to opportunities to make free, healthy and positive choices.
- First United Church - First United Church Community Ministry Society (commonly known as First United) is an inner- city ministry of the United Church of Canada committed at its heart to the struggle for social justice, offering programs of advocacy, housing and healing in Vancouver’s Downtown Eastside (DTES).
- Neighbourhood Houses of the Lower Mainland - Neighbourhood houses offer a friendly place where people of all ages come together to play an active role in meeting the need of their community. Utilizing local resources and talents, these centres offer various services, community building, and social change activities.
- Cedar Cottage Neighbourhood House
- Frog Hollow Neighbourhood House
- Gordon Neighbourhood House
- Kitsilano Neighbourhood House
- Marpole Neighbourhood House
- Mount Pleasant Neighbourhood House
- South Vancouver Neighbourhood House
- Collingwood Neighbourhood House Society
- Downtown Eastside Neighbourhood House Society
- Kiwassa Neighbourhood Services Association
- Little Mountain Neighbourhood House Society
- North Shore Neighbourhood House
- Alexandra Neighbourhood House
- Sasamat Outdoor Centre
- Burnaby Neighbourhood House
- The Bloom Group - The Bloom Group responds to the most urgent needs of Vancouver’s Downtown Eastside. We embrace transformative solutions for resolving pressing and complex challenges. We fill the gaps in areas that are critical to building a resilient community.
- Atira Women's Resource Society - Atira Women’s Resource Society is a not-for-profit organization committed to the work of ending violence against women. Atira serves women including trans, two spirit and intersex women and or those who identify with a femme of centre non-binary gender. How do we do it? Through direct, non-barrier service and striving to increase awareness of the scope and impact of violence against women and children on our communities.
- Surrey Food Bank - The Surrey Food Bank provides food to families living in Surrey and North Delta. We pride ourselves in supplying nutritious food in a respectful and dignified environment. In addition, we believe it is our responsibility to connect our clients to other community services as a means of helping them become self-sufficient.
- Potluck Society - The mission of Potluck Café Society is to transform lives by creating jobs and providing healthy food for people living in Vancouver’s Downtown Eastside.
- Vancouver Aboriginal Friendship Centre - Since 1963, the Vancouver Aboriginal Friendship Centre Society (VAFCS) has been meeting the needs of aboriginal people making a transition to the urban Vancouver community.
- Fraser Region Aboriginal Friendship Centre - The Mission of the Fraser Region Aboriginal Friendship Centre is to foster the health and well-being of urban Indigenous people in the Fraser Salish Region by providing culturally relevant services, support, and advocacy.
- Archway Community Services - Archway Community Services is a non-profit, multi-service, multi-funded community based social service agency serving Abbotsford, Chilliwack, Mission, and Langley. ACS fosters community well-being and social justice through positive action and leadership and offers programs such as a food bank and an alcohol and drug counselling program