You are here
Systems Change Grants
Click to watch the video above, or visit: https://youtu.be/H-CUHpidZPE
Types of Grants
There are three different grant types available, depending upon the stage of your project.
1. Develop grants (up to $20,000, for up to one year)
Develop grants are short-term grants to help teams to unpack a complex issue and to identify the systemic behaviours that have created that issue, or that are holding the issue in place. Develop grants help teams to generate ideas for a project plan to influence or change these behaviours that can then be submitted to funders in the future. They offer up to $10,000 towards the project's process, and up to an additional $10,000 to support community's participation in the process. Develop grants are a one-stage application.
2. Test grants (up to $100,000 per year, for up to three years)
Test grants are multi-year grants to help project teams test their influence on systems and to learn what leads to change. Test grants are a two-stage application. Applicants begin their application by completing the first stage of questions, and if successful, are then invited to complete the remaining questions.
3. Scale grants (up to $100,000 per year, for up to three years)
Scale grants are multi-year grants to help project teams extend the influence of an existing systems change project to a different scale within the system. Scale grants are a two-stage application. Applicants begin their application by completing the first stage of questions, and if successful, are then invited to complete the remaining questions.
- September 21 to October 16, 2020: Submit your application online
- November 30, 2020: Decisions about application communicated via email
Test and Scale Grants
- September 21, 2020: Stage 1 online application process opens
- October 16, 2020: Deadline to complete the Stage 1 online application process
- December 10, 2020: Decisions about Stage 1 Applications communicated via email
- January 24, 2021: Deadline to complete the Stage 2 online application process (by invitation only)
- May 2021: Decisions on Test and Scale Grants communicated via email
Detailed instructions on how to use the online application system.
- How to Create a User Account
- How to Begin a Systems Change Grant
- How to Add Collaborators
- How to Add Project Contacts and Verify Organizational Details
- How to Complete the Project Details Section
- How to Enter a Project Budget
- How to Validate and Submit Your Application
- The staff person overseeing your current application is listed on the invitation email you received in December 2020. Please contact this person if you have questions about the application process or how to improve your written application.
- If you have an existing grant award, you can see who to contact by visiting this page.
- You can also send an email to a specific staff person by clicking on their profile on our staff directory page.