You are here
Indigenous Priorities Granting Program Now Open
Apply for the Indigenous Priorities Granting Program by November 29
The Indigenous Priorities Granting Program supports First Nation, Inuit and Métis communities. Indigenous-led organizations can ask for grants of up to $50,000 for initiatives that encourage community inclusiveness, belonging, or healing. In total, the Indigenous Priorities Granting Program has $750,000 to grant out to address critical funding and capacity needs.
Jeska Slater leads this program as the Director of Indigenous Priorities. Jeska is from Fisher River Cree Nation, part of Treaty 5 in Manitoba. She has worked in both urban and land-based Indigenous communities for more than 10 years.
Am I Eligible?
To qualify for the Indigenous Priorities Granting Program, you must:
- Be a qualified donee. Typically this means a registered charity or a municipal or public body. Many First Nation bands are considered as a qualified donee as a municipal or public body. See if your band is one.
- Be Indigenous-led. Take our eligibility self-assessment quiz.
- Be located or operating on the lands known as BC.
- November 29, 2021: Last day to submit your grant application to us.
- December 16, 2021: You'll know whether we've accepted your application on this date.
Have questions? Feel free to connect with us at email@example.com.