Benefits of Working at Vancouver Foundation
We Care About Work-life Harmony
- Most of our roles can be remote, hybrid, or in-office – we trust you to get the job done from anywhere in BC
- Vacation starts at three weeks per year and increases from there
- You also get 10 combined sick and personal days
We Offer Great Benefits
- Extended health benefits covering more than the basics — up to a $2,500 reimbursement per family member for mental health support, plus a $1,000 reimbursement per family member, per paramedical practitioner each year
- Flexibility with $500 per year split between a Health Care Spending Account and a Personal Spending Account
- Access to online health consultants, plus an employee and family assistance plan that includes access to Elders and Knowledge Keepers, as well as a network of over 500 counsellors specialized in Indigenous Culture, Diversity Equity and Inclusion support and DEO counsellor matching
- 10% contribution by Vancouver Foundation to our pension plan with a required employee contribution of 6%
- Generous parental leave top-up up to 90% for 12 months (or spread out over 18 months)
- Life insurance and disability insurance
We Support Your Professional Growth
- Your team has a training budget for growth and development that supports your role
- You also receive an annual $500 education reimbursement, and borrow from next year for larger expenses
We are Inclusive
- Transparent pay structure with pay equity audits every two years
- Starting salary is listed on each job posting, no negotiation required
- More accessible interview practices, such as sharing interview questions in advance and accommodating as many accessibility requirements as we can
- Priority for candidates that share similar lived experiences of the community they will be working in or with as part of their job
- Annual review of all HR policies and procedures with a justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion (JEDI) lens
- Acting roles with acting pay when people take on additional responsibilities
Our office is in downtown Vancouver, BC. Through our remote working policy, you may be able to work from home within British Columbia. Please let us know during your interview if you are interested in working remotely.
Vancouver Foundation’s office is located on the second and third floors of a building with an elevator for access to the office, and an accessible, single-stall, gender-neutral washroom that includes a shower. Vancouver Foundation has a hybrid working model, with both work from home and in-office options available to staff. These options are position dependent.
Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI)
We are committed to becoming a more just, equitable, inclusive, and diverse workplace, which extends to how we hire. We are continually learning new and unlearning old practices while examining systemic causes of inequity in our practices. We want everyone to have a place in our mission.
We aim to be representative of the communities that we fund. We welcome everyone to apply, and we especially encourage you to apply if you are from a community marginalized based on race, colour, religion, nationality, social or ethnic origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression.